Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Breading

This is my favorite breading for anything from tofu to eggplant.

Basic Breading:
1 cup corn flakes
3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon seasoning

Blend all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until small crumbs remain.
You can always add other spices depending on what you're cooking. Garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano and cumin are always good.

Breaded tofu with a side of roasted corn salad.
The tofu was marinated in a soy sauce and powdered vegetable broth.

Canned wheat chicken with roasted vegetables and rice.
My local Asian grocer has a variety of canned fake meats. I pick them up every once and awhile. This canned setian I breaded and baked before serving with some roasted veggies over rice.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice & gluten-free! I'll have to try it.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I don't think I've ever breaded with cornflakes - I will keep this in mind, looks really great!

Anonymous said...

I love breaded tofu so much! Next time I make some it will totally be with cornflakes. Your pictures look so good.

Anonymous said...

thanks for share!

Webly said...

Renee - Thanks for pointing out that it's gluten free!

Thanks everyone.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look of your blog! It is great!

Courtney

MeloMeals said...

I love breaded tofu so much.. I usually use a mixture of cornmeal and flour or breadbrumbs.. but I'll bet this is delicious...

I am so going to pick up some cornflakes the next time I'm at the store..

Rose said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that you've been tagged by me to post a meme :)

Anonymous said...

Since I didn't have cornflakes at home I substituted sliced raw almonds and my breaded tofu came out wonderful!