Friday, December 01, 2006

Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies

OH my! These are amazing - if you love mint and chocolate together. This is adapted from my favorite cookie.

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dry:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Wet:
8 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 brown sugar (Sometimes I will mix up the sugar amounts as long as I have 1.5 cups in the end.)
2 eggs, or equalivant (I use ener-g powdered egg replacer.)
1 Tbl. soymilk (If you feel your mixture is too dry. The texture of the margarine determines if it will be too dry or not)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
1-4 Tablespoons liquid if it's too dry (soymilk works best)

Extra:
chocolate chips or any other thing you like in your cookie.
crushed up candy canes.

- Mix the dry. Mix the wet Add together. Add chocolate chips put in the fridge for awhile. (You don't always have to put it in the fridge.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place your favorite sized dough ball on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with broken candy cane pieces.

Bake for 12 minutes.
(They may seem a bit under done, but they are best that way.)
Enjoy!

4 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Now you need to make peppermint stick soy cream!

Megan the Vegan said...

ohh...those look so incredibly good. Perfect for the season.

laura jesser said...

Hi Webly! I found this recipe and I have been craving a chocolate peppermint cookie for the holidays, so I tried it. WOW!!! It's amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe--it's definitely a keeper for me. You will find pictures, etc. on my blog in a day or so! :)

Webly said...

Laura, I am so glad this cookie hit your chocolate/peppermint spot. Just thinking about them I want to make them again!