Sunday, December 03, 2006

Fall Desserts

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie:
Pumpkins grew out of my compost this year and this was my first sacrificed pumpkin for pie. However, it wasn't a sugar/baking pumpkin. It looked like one - but didn't taste like it so I just added a bunch of chocolate.


Chocolate Pumpkin Pie:
- One baked pumpkin
- 1 container silken tofu, firm
- 1 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spices
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder

Blend everything in a blender. Pour into premade pie crust and bake for about 30 min. at 350F.


Harvest Balls:

These were from the Vegan Lunchbox cook book.
You can check Jennifer's website for the recipe - or go get her book because it's awesome.

Just a note about these. They were a bit too sweet for me. Next time I will cut the sugar down from 1 cup to 3/4 or 1/2 cup so I can taste the popcorn a bit more. Also I used currents instead of cranberries.

3 comments:

Dori said...

I love this popcorn post. I have had a printout of this recipe since it first came out on the blog because it sounded good... now I get to see it! Levely, I must try this soon.

By the way, I have been reading much of your blog getting inspired with all the ownderful vegan food presented here. :)

Dori said...

Levely... ooops! I meant Lovely. I'm linking you, thanks for the inspiration today.

Webly said...

Thanks Dori. I'm glad you replied because there's a lot to see over at your blog. I'm enjoying it.