This pasta salad hit the spot and was worth the boiling of water on the hot day.
- 2 1/2 cups dry pasta
- One eared corn on the cob
- 1/3 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 10 baby carrots
- 12 oz. jar of marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (reserve the juice)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 sprig basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbl. dark vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
While the pasta is boil, chop the herbs and vegetables of your choice.
When the pasta is almost done, rinse with cold water.
Add the juice of marinated artichokes and all the other vegetables and spices to the cold pasta and mix together.
Chill and serve cold.