Monday, July 17, 2006

Baked Ricotta

Baked Ricotta
My mom got a non-vegan version similar to this at a resturant the other night and it inspired me to make this. I am unsure if it's really called baked ricotta, but this is what I am calling it now.

1 block firm, silken tofu
3-5 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chopped basil

1 cup chopped spinach (I used frozen)
1/4 cup finely chopped soy moz.
2 Tbl. chopped sun dried tomatoes
salt and pepper

Place in a bag and let marinate over night.

I rolled them into balls, making sure to squeeze out as much liquid as I could before frying.
At first I used too much oil and they fell apart, as you can see in the picture. They stayed together much better using just a bit of oil. However, they weren't that beautiful.

Dinner is served with a salad with basil and balasic vinegar dressing and some steamed summer squash. The baked/pan fried ricotta was served on a bed of tomato sauce with some soy cheese served over it.

D-lish!

2 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That looks so so so good. Why are you giving me a reason to buy fyh cheese?? I'm trying to save money!
I hope I get more basil this week..

Webly said...

I don't think you HAVE to have FYH cheese. You could leave it out, or put more in...