Sunday, July 30, 2006

Frozen Blueberry Treat

Inspired by Jess's sister - blueberries, chocolate and coconut


Chocolate Coconut Blueberries
This was very simple!

1. Freeze about 1 cup of blueberries in a single layer on a cookie sheet.

2. Melt about 1/3 cup chocolate chips on low until all melted. Make sure not to burn the chocolate.

3. Dip the frozen blueberries in the melted chocolate. You might only be able to coat one side and that will be enough for flavor.

4. Roll in shredded coconut.

5. Place back on the cookie sheet and refreeze.

6. Serve about 1 hour later.

Another photo can be seen here.

4 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

one day when my sister goes online again, I will show her this ; )

Therese T. said...

OhmyGOD, Webtar, THANK YOU: this is soooo doable! I wonder if I can use other fruit, though?

Webly said...

Hmm, What other fruit would be good? Bananas, for sure. Strawberries would be too hard...but it could be done. I'd love to hear what other fruit you come up with for this. It's such a simple, tastey treat.

Therese T. said...

Webly/Webtar,

I wonder if mangoes would be good: we have them in abundance here! I'll try it when I'm not as busy :) Then I'll let you know. Cheers!