Friday, January 22, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

Pumpkin pancakes can often be too sticky and not cook through throughly. These pancakes are thick, but fluffy, and perfect for rainy mornings.

Pumpkin Pancakes:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup graham cracker flour (3 rectangle crackers)2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon oil

Sift the dry ingredients: flour, graham flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar.
Then add the soymilk and pumpkin puree.
Mix well. Add nuts, if desired, and stir well.
Cook over a medium, oiled skillet until the edges are start to dry and bubbles have formed in the middle of the pancake.
Flip and cook about 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Add oil to the skillet before each pancake.
Serve with your favorite vegan butter and maple syrup.

4 comments:

Vegan Tv Presenter said...

Wow these look delicious I have to try-thanks for this!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

These sound so good! I wonder if straight up graham flour would work?

Webly said...

Melisser - I bet graham flour would work. Give it a try and let me know how it works.

Elana said...

I made this recipe on my Lodge griddle
and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!