Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Scrambled Tofu

Scrambled tofu is such an easy dish: crumble some tofu and pan fry, add some spices and veggies and serve warm. I love to shred my tofu before cooking it. The small texture of it is a perfect crumble for me. This one I added shredded onions, garlic, carrots, purple cabbage, kale, tummeric and other random spices.

I was kind of bored with it though so I decided to use up the rest of my phyllo. I put the phyllo in muffin tins and filled them with tofu scramble and put them in the oven. This would be a great way to serve a breakfast food at a buffet brunch.

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

so colorful!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

1) the purple cabbage looks spectacular in the scramble

2) the phyllo scramble cups are SUCH a good idea!

3) your hair needs dying. asap.

4) why is tommy asleep?

laura k said...

How creative! I love tofu scramble too, but I imagine I would love it even more in a phyllo cup!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Looks so yummy and colorful and creative. Last time I put purple cabbage in my tofu it turned the tofu this weird grey... who knows what went wronng there.

Kate said...

Great idea!

Caty said...

The purple cabbage is such a gorgeous colour. And the filo cups are a great idea.

bazu said...

How perfect- that sounds like a perfect combo and phyllo fancies anything up right away.

Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

what a fab idea. love it.

Anonymous said...

Where can I buy tofu in bulk? Is it non- GMO tofu that you use?

Thanks