Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Your Recipes!

I've been trying to be a better blogger this year: commenting on the journals I've been drooling over and trying out your wonderful recipes.
I tried a few recently and had mixed successes because I'm not really one to follow directions.

Jess' Sweet Potato Pie Casserole, Kinda
Jess' is obviously nicer, but I didn't have enough for a full dish.
I mashed some sweet potatoes, added some maple syrup, salt and earth balance. Then I placed some fresh cracked pecans on top.
Tofu666's Raw Pad Thai, Kinda
Now this was just terrible. I was having a bad cooking day. I wanted to use up these coconut noodles and thought this would be a great place. But I ruined it all by making a terrible peanut sauce.
I can't wait until I get my food processor to make creating such dishes a snap.

SusanV's Naked Orange Mousse-
This was pretty good but it never firmed up the way I wanted it to. I added some soy milk powder to lighten it up a bit, but it didn't do much. With some more agar this would be PERFECT on top of a cheesecake!

Sorry no photos, they weren't very pretty.

No comments: