Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fried Green Miso Tomatoes


With my tomatoes not ripening fast enough I've had to pick them hoping they would ripen off the vine, but that didn't happen either so I went with fried green tomatoes.

Fried Green Miso Tomatoes:
4 green tomatoes
1/4 cup miso (red)
Water

1/2 cup flour
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Oil for frying.

Mix the miso with 1/2 cup of water until smooth. Slice the tomatoes and place in the miso. Add more water if needed. Let the tomatoes marinate overnight.
Mix the dry ingredients and coat each tomato slice until fully coated.
Fry on each side until golden brown about 2-3 minutes on each side.



6 comments:

JohnP said...

Oh yes! I have some green tomatoes and this looks like an excellent use for them!

Leslie Richman said...

Yum!

Rita said...

looks great! I love fried green tomatoes.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

yum, miso on any cooked veg and I'm all over it!

orlando custom home builder said...

Wow... These look so good. My mouth is watering!

katie said...

Oh my looks so so so good!

New post, new music, new giveaway - http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Happy Weekend WOOP WOOP!

Katie