Monday, February 12, 2007
This what I came up with.
2 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine (i used earth balance)
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon powdered egg replacer mixed with 2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
1. sift together flour and baking powder into a medium bowl; set aside.
2. in a large mixing bowl, cream together margarine and sugar. add egg replacer and vanilla and beat until smooth. add flour mixture and mix to form a stiff dough. (I added 2 tablespoons liquid at this point to get it all to stick together.)
3. preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. lightly dust a work surface with flour or sifted powdered sugar. with a rolling pin, roll out dough disk to about 1/4 inch, or more thickness. don't roll too thin. I used a pint glass to cut out the dough.
5. Bake in top third of oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. remove, put on rack, allow to cool completely.
6. Frost when the cookies are cooled with your favorite frosting. I used a fluffy buttercream with extra vanilla.
These were fantastic! Perfect! and made everyone happy.