Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cherry Scones

I've never really been a scone girl, more of a muffin person. This morning I tried something new and went with the scones from Vegan with a Vengeance, with my own changes and additions because I can never follow recipes.

Recipe:
3 Cups Flour
2 Tbl. Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Apple Sauce
1 1/4 cup rice milk with 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup or so of chopped frozen cherries.

Preheat Oven to 400F
Sift the dry ingredients, mix the wet until just combined.
Drop 1/4 cupfuls onto the greased cookie sheet and pat the tops a bit and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 12-14 min. until slightly browned on the bottom.

Taste: These were great. I am use to dry scones that are kind of flavorless. These are just slightly sweet and perfect. Somewhere between muffins and biscuits.

Notes: If you don't already own Vegan with a Vengeance, go out and buy it. it's a great cookbook made by a great cook.

No comments: