Monday, March 19, 2007

Proper Plate

I've been busy so my cooking has been minimal. When I do cook it's about eating fast and I don't have time for photos. I am planning a wedding, working on a secret project with someone you may know, fixing a house to sell and buying my first house (well we bought it today but we don't get the keys until this weekend.)

I've been craving healthy, quick meals and came up with this weird variety of foods, called the Proper Plate because it tastes like something that would come out of this great vegan restaurant in Portland called Proper Eats. It's food that makes you feel good after eating there.


Proper Plate:
Mixed baby salad greens
1 handful carrots, steamed
1 large handful cauliflower, steamed
Lemon garlic hummus (oops, I added too much lemon while making it!)
1 Roma tomato sliced and deseeded
Sprinkling of Paprika
Sesame seeds

Laydown the salad, put the cooled steamed veggies on top and around the salad (in case you feel like dipping into the hummus.) Slather in hummus, a dip and a dressing in one. Place the tomatoes. Sprinkle with paprika, salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Add some nooch if you feel like going that way.

This was a great, filling, healthy meal with a lot of flavor.

4 comments:

erica said...

I love Proper Eats, I just went there yesterday. (disclaimer: I don't eat there, I just buy 90% of my groceries there).

Webly said...

You should eat there sometime. They make great, healthy food.

Sean said...

Love your blog! I am not vegan, but I am always looking for great ways not to eat meat. You have some fantastic recipes here!

Webly said...

Thanks Sean and Joey!